At Syllabus School of English our experienced Notary can assist you with the legalisation of documents by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Apostille) for use overseas.
Our Notary Public offers:
- Witnessing the execution of documents and verifying the authenticity of signatures.
- Certifying Powers of Attorney for use abroad.
- Certifying passports.
- Notarising documents for use in buying or selling property abroad.
- Certifying birth and marriage certificates.
- Verifying translations from foreign documents to English and vice versa.
- Notarising Bills of Exchange and other contracts.
- Legalisation of the notary’s signature and seal by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and/or by the embassy of the relevant country.
- The provision of Notarial copies.
- Notarising medical reports and police reports for use in connection with adoption.
- Authenticating the contents of documents.
- Certifying examination certificates.
- Confirming identification records when applying for replacement of lost or stolen passports.
- Notarising foreign Wills.
Please send us a draft of your document and we will send it to the Notary with an accompanying certified translation to arrange an appointment. The fee for our interpretation and translation services and the appointment at Syllabus is £20. One apostille costs £57 and the Notary’s fee is £120 (no VAT due). Payment needs to be by cash or cheque only. As well as a passport you need to bring a recent utilities bill, bank letter, insurance letter or similar showing your surname and current address. The legalised document will be returned to your home address within 4 – 5 working days.